One of my top tips to improve your website for both the people who visit your site AND Google (aka SEO) is to continually add new, fresh, relevant content to your website.
Doing this on a regular basis will
🌸 Improve your website’s search engine ranking
🌸 Attract new customers and convert leads into sales.
How Content Improves Your Search Engine Ranking
You might be wondering why content is so important and how it can help your website rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). So, let’s take a closer look at how content affects your SEO.
- Content helps search engines understand what your website is about. Including relevant keywords in your content gives search engines a better idea of what to rank your website for. This can help you attract more targeted traffic from people searching for the products or services you offer.
- Content also helps build links to your website. When other websites share your content, it helps improve your link popularity, another important factor that search engines use to rank websites.
- We have all done it – clicked on a search result and don’t stay long. We realize that the content isn’t what we were looking for, or we found our answer, and there isn’t anything else engaging so we leave the site. This is known as bounce rate – when a visitor looks at one page on your website and then leaves without visiting any other pages. Bounce rate is one of the 200+ metrics that Google uses to determine where to rank your website in search results. This indicates to search engines that the person didn’t find a reason to look at the rest of your website. But by giving visitors new and engaging content, you improve your chances that a visitor will click around and see what else you have to offer.
If you want to improve your SEO, it’s important to focus on creating high-quality content that will engage and convert your target audience. By doing this, you’ll rank higher in search engine results and build trust and credibility with your audience, which can lead to more sales and conversions.
How Content Attracts Customers
Fresh, high-quality content helps you build trust and credibility with your target audience. If you’re not sure where to start, consider hiring a content marketing agency to help you create a content strategy that will achieve your business goals.
- One of the metrics that search engines look at is time-on-page. This is what it sounds like – how long a visitor spends looking at the website page. Instead, you want unique content that grabs your visitor, so they stay and read what you have written. This tells search engines to send more people to your website by placing your page further up the search results – because it is what people are looking for.
- Fresh and interesting content is more likely to be shared, which can help increase your website’s reach and visibility. Your ultimate goal as a website owner is to get more visitors to your website. One of the best ways to do this is through word-of-mouth, and in the online world, this is the same as shares. When someone shares your article, you are more likely to get a new visitor to your site. These shares happen in emails, text messages, and social media posts.
- Your number one goal on your website is most likely to
- Offer services
- Sell products
- Provide information, for example, a blog
Engaging and unique content will entice your visitor to look around your website to see what else they can learn and make them more interested in learning about the products and services you offer – giving you to convert that visitor into a customer.
When creating content, remember that you want it to be:
- Fresh – something that people haven’t seen in other places
- Relevant – make sure your title and keyphrases accurately represent what the content is about
- Informative – give people the information that they are looking for
- Engaging – keep your writing interesting and easy for people to read
And finally, make sure you have a call to action inside your content. What do you want your reader to do next?
What you don’t want them to do is leave your website, so tell them the next thing you want them to do. This might be
- Read another blog post
- Subscribe to your email list
- Make a purchase
- Book an appointment.